Yola Trekking welcomes you to trekking Kalaw and the Inle Lake areas, Southern Shan State, Myanmar
My name Kyaw Hla (call me “Yola”). I was born and raised in a Pa-O tribe village in the beautiful mountains of Shan state, two hours from Kalaw. Growing up, I did not have the advantages of electricity or running water, and the people of the village still maintains the old customs and ways of life, such as cooking on open fire and making use of every plant or materials found in nature.
Over the past five years I have honed these survival skills and added those required of a guide, and have worked with the most famous guide services in the area. In 2018, I became a freelance guide, though I still maintain amiable working relationship with other trekking outfits. I would be happy to lead you on a trek through the beautiful hills of Kalaw to local villages, explaining our ways of life.
As a professional private guide, I can offer a wide range of custom services; if you need services other than those listed, please contact me with your request, I can likely accommodate you.
- One day treks around Kalaw, with locally prepared lunch.
- One, two, or three day treks between Kalaw and Inle Lake, with traditionally prepared Shan state cooking and tribal home stays, temple stays, or camping, for groups up to six. For larger groups I can contract with additional guides.
- Multi-day treks between Kalaw and neighboring towns, such as Pindaya.
- One or two day bicycle treks between Kalaw and Inle.
- Airport, train station or bus station pickup and transfer.
- Boat rental, bicycle rental, bus and other tickets.
- Other services on request.